Now available for downloading:
The Voters’ Guide
for the Nov 2021 General Election
Voter Information — Vote: It makes a difference!
2021 Election Dates
|PA Primary:||May 18, 2021||Last day to register: May 3, 2021
Last day to request a Mail-In Ballot: May 11, 2021
|General:||November 2, 2021||Last day to register: October 18, 2021
Last day to request a Mail-In Ballot: October 26, 2021
of all 2021 election dates:
absentee ballots, registration deadlines, nomination deadlines, etc.
General information for the Luzerne County elections.
Information regarding absentee and mail-in ballots is listed below.
Informed Voter Information
- Candidate List (BallotReady)
- Candidate List (pdf), General Info (Luzerne County)
- Candidate List and Calendar (PA Voter Services)
- Campaign Finance Info (Luzerne County)
- PA Bar Judge Ratings
Judicial Elections, county candidate forums
(held by LWVWBA; posted by Luzerne County Dems)
- Judicial Elections, statewide candidate forums
- Judicial Elections, general info (Pennsylvanians for Modern Courts)
- Vote411.org ballots and background
- Pennsylvania LWV
- Position Surveys
- Position Matcher
- Times Leader
- The Citizens’ Voice (Requires a CV subscription)
To Register You Must:
Be a citizen of the United States for at least one month before the next election
Be at least 18 years of age on the day of the next election
- Have been a resident of Pennsylvania and your election district for at least 30 days before the next election
Click Here for a voter registration application and more information.
Pennsylvania Voter Registration Mail Application Forms must be
completed and submitted to your county elections office.
Pennsylvania law provides for permanent voter registration, unless the voter’s registration should be canceled in accordance with law. All electors, except those in the military service of the United States and bedridden or hospitalized war veterans unavoidably absent from their county of residence, must be registered to be eligible to vote.
Once registered to vote, an individual is not required to register again unless he or she changes residence, name, or political party affiliation.
More information may be found on the Vote.PA Resource page.
County Elections Office
- Director of Elections
- 20 N. Pennsylvania Ave., Suite 207
- Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701-3505
Polling Places and Districts
Mail-In and Absentee Ballots
- Application form for mail-in ballots (See “Election Dates” above for duedate.)
- Completed ballots must be received by the Board of Elections by 8 PM on election day.
- The status of a ballot application may be checked on the PA Voter -Services page.
To obtain a mail-in ballot or absentee ballot, you may apply online or through the county elections office shown above. The applications page lists the deadlines for applying for and returning the ballots.
Voters’ Guide Archive